NDoc is the famous code documentation generator for .NET platform.
Unfortunately, the main developer Kevin Downs,
for some reasons,
gave up the NDoc development.
I had translated NDoc 1.3.1 into Chinese last year and I have some knowledge on the NDoc codes.
So I decide to have a try to rescue the wonderful project.
I named it "NDoc Reloaded", just after the movie "Matrix Reloaded", and now it's Reloading as you see.
I've made a short-term plan to release a first beta 2.0 version during or after the coming golden-week (Oct.1 - Oct.7). Vision features of this version include:
- Documenters: only XML and MSDN two will be supported in this version for time period reason.
- .NET 2.0 support: fully support for generic types, generic methods, nullable types, etc.
- Globalization: create a mechanism for globalization and localization, and get ready to be localizable, but only English language will be included in this version.
A Little Future Plan
- MSDN documenter will be the center of all.
- Support for .NET 1.x, .NET 2.0, and Mono(planned) three format of documentation.
- Support for Web pages, HTML Help 1.x (*.CHM), and Microsoft Help 2.x three output formats.
- Static texts in output documentation will be localized.
- Other documenters will be dispatched to someone else, who are interested in them. If no one has interested, some of them may be abandoned.
- Compilation: planned on .NET 1.0/1.1/2.0 and Mono frameworks.
- Interfaces of GUI and Console will be localized.
- Static texts in documentation will be localized.
- In plan, 9 languages will be supported: English(en), French(fr), German(de), Italian(it), Spanish(es), Japanese(ja), Korean(ko), Chinese(Simplified)(zh-CHS), and Chinese(Traditional)(zh-CHT). These 9 languages exactly match the 9 localized edition of .NET Framework SDK.
- Other Fixes and Improvements(planned):
- Create a mechanism to support linking to other class libraries from third parties, like types from
- Support for importing VS.NET Web Projects (ASP.NET).
- Better support for arrays.
- ..., etc.
Track SourceForge Foundry for latest progressing, or share your ideas via the forum.
为中文朋友准备的 (for Chinese Readers)